A11 bionic chip
Apple has announced their new series of iPhone 8. The apple A11 bionic chip is a 64 bit advanced RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computing) Machine (ARM)-based custom SoC (System on a Chip) designed by Apple. Apple used their bionic chip in their latest iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 plus. The best feature of this bionic chip is that it has two superior quality cores that are faster than the Apple A10 and four high-efficiency cores that are almost 70% quicker than the energy-efficient cores of A10.
Huawei revealed their newest Hisilicon Kirin 970 chipset that will control their forthcoming and leading device Mate 10 and comes prepared to hold upcoming AI techs and it also has a neural processing unit for natural AI processing systems.
Now with the A11 Bionic processors inside the new iPhones, Apple has taken that performance to an entirely new level.
The Apple A11 chip has astonishing performance. The single core presentation is over 4000 and the multicore performance is almost 10,000, which is impractical, bearing in mind the fact that it is a chip intended for smartphones and not for laptops.
It is even more striking if a person thinks through the fact that Geekbench 4 performance is based on a baseline score of 4000 which was attained from an Intel Core i7 6600 U, a processor that we see on laptops. This performance is related to a quad core Core i5 7300 HQ which should make Intel worry and fear since now they have a smartphone chip that is performing as well as a laptop CPU.
Apple at present is way into the future of the competition in the smartphone CPU performance and the current top giants in the Android space like Snapdragon 835, Exynos 8895 and Kirin 960 still delay behind the new iPhones in both single core and multicore performance as proven from the Geekbench 4 tests.
Smartphone processor producers like Samsung (Exynos), Huawei (Kirin) and Qualcomm (Snapdragon) have difficulty in successfully to play catch up with Apple and Intel has to make sure their laptop chips remain breaking new performance grounds since now Apple is becoming a threat and menace to them.
Apple A11 specifications:
• Apple A 11 has an Apple-designed 64-bit ARMv8-A six-core CPU (Central Processing Unit)
• A 11 is manufactured by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) using a 10 nm FinFET machinery, along with the 4.3 billion transistors
• There are 2 high-performance cores are called Monsoon, and 4 energy-efficient cores are called Mistral
• A 11 uses a new and fresh second-generation performance checker that lets using all six cores on the same time.
• Joined Apple-manufactured 3 cores GPU with 30% quicker graphics performance as compare to A 10.
• Fixed M11 motion coprocessor
• A11 has a neural network hardware that is called “neural engine” by Apple, which can do operations of up to 600 billion per second; it is also used for Face Identity, Animoji, and AR (Augmented Reality) like more complicated and difficult tasks.
Features of Apple A11 bionic chip:
Although there are only two important aspects that are finalized yet and that are:
The Apple A11 chipset will be constructed with the use of the 10nm tech and contrived and manufactured by TMSC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company), several buzzes have been submerged which also includes its Geekbench test.
It is a current Geekbench test which is a cross-platform processor benchmark with a recording system that splits single and multicore performances and workloads into different sections, which make real-world situations fake and verify that iPhone’s recent A11 bionic chip entirely exceeds all other high-quality processor chipsets which includes Huawei Kirin 960, Samsung’s Exynos 8895, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835. Following are some of the characteristics that differentiate Apple A11 bionic chip from Hisilicon Kirin 970:
1. Manufacturing Process: 10 nanometre
2. GPU: Apple-designed (3-core)
3. CPU: 6 x Cores (hexa-core) up to 2.74 GHz
Apple’s A11 Bionic chip uses two highly performed cores and four energy efficient cores on its A11 chipset. These cores are built-in and fixed with a second-generation performance handler which allows all six cores to work efficiently in-sync.
The Apple-styled 3-core GPU affirms 30 percent better illustrations and graphics representation as compare to the A10. Huawei’s Neural Processing Unit (NPU) has been harmonized by the A11 Bionic chip with its neural engine. The neural engine on the A11 chip lets it to achieve up to 600 billion operations per second. This is beneficial for Face ID, AR and other multifaceted and complex tasks.
Hisilicon Kirin 970
Features of Hisilicon Kirin 970
The Kirin 970 cartons have more influence than its forerunner, i.e. Kirin 960, and hence, offers 20 percent improved performance and 50 percent augmented efficiency. The 12-core GPU that comes with the Kirin 970 is surely going to be a pleasure for gamers.
Following are some of the distinguishing characteristics of Hisilicon Kirin 970 that are highly observed.
1. Manufacturing Process: 10 nanometre
1. Video Capture and Playback: Up to 4K Ultra HD @ 30 fps
2. GPU: Mali G72 MP12 (12-core)
3. Cellular Modem: LTE Cat 18
4. Security: Security Engine InSE and TEE
5. Display Support: 2160p
6. Camera: Dual-camera with face and motion detection
7. Storage: UFS 2.1
8. CPU: 8 x Cores (octa-core) up to 2.4 GHz
HiSilicon Kirin 960
The features of Kirin 960 are as follows:
1. Kirin 960 has an ARM Mali-G71MP8 @900MHz.
2. CPU: 4*cortex A73 cores at 2.36 GHz and 4*cortex A53 cores at 1.84 GHz
3. GPU: Mali G71 MP8 with 244.8 GFLOPS
4. Manufacturing technology: 16nm
• Kirin 960: ~48 FPS
• DL = 600Mbps
• UL = 150Mbps
The Kirin 960 is the initial SoC to use ARM’s latest A73 cores, which looks appropriate as the Kirin 950. Its CPU’s core frequencies see an insignificant rise relative to the Kirin 950. Setting the highest operating point for the A73 cores is a stimulating and considered choice by HiSilicon to limit the CPU’s power cover, letting the bigger GPU to take a larger piece.